Approved Uniform Apparel and Accessories
- Golf/Polo shirts – White or Navy Blue long or short sleeved, crested or not, tucked in or not.
- Dress shirt/Blouse – White only, long or short sleeved, crested or not.
- Turtlenecks – White or Navy Blue
- Pants/Slacks – Navy Blue
- Kilts, Tunics, Skorts, Shorts, Skirts – Navy Blue only and worn no higher than just above the knee (up to 5 cm.)
- Cardigans, Sweatshirts, Vests – Navy Blue and crested
- Socks/Leotards/Stockings -Navy Blue only
- Shoes – Dress/Oxfords – Black only.
- Shoes (indoor) – Navy, White or Black or a combination of the three. Will allow for a contrasting colour of less than 25% of the main colours. Non scuffing soles only.
- Hair accessories (for girls) Bands, clips, elastics, scrunchies – White, Navy Blue, Black or a combination of the three colours.
The Board approved supplier for the school uniform is DGN Kilters for all crested apparel.
It is recommended that at least one shirt is crested for school functions, class trips, photos, etc., along with one complete ensemble consisting of dress pants /skirt and cardigan for the above mentioned functions.
All Golf or Polo shirts when not tucked in must be no longer than upper thigh length.
All undershirts must be white and not be longer than the uniform shirt and the sleeves of the undershirt must not be longer than the sleeves of the uniform shirt.
- Civvies Day – Clothing that is revealing, i.e. shoulder straps less than the three finger rule, crop or midriff tops and/or shirts containing obscene/rude slogans will be treated as improper uniform items and may be cause for disciplinary action.
- Gym Wear – Although not mandatory, there is a tee-shirt and shorts ensemble available through DGN Kilters.
- Choir – As set by the choir directors
- All Instrumental Bands – As set by the band directors
Not Part of the School Uniform and Therefore Not Permitted in School
- Sandals flip flops, boots, crocs, Uggs or Uggs type boots, etc.
- Jackets, hoodies, sweaters with hoods, etc.
- Bandanas, hats, caps, or any other type of decorative headwear.
- Track pants, jogging/sweat pants, cargo pants, corduroy pants, etc.
- Shirts without collars (e.g. t-shirts).
- Spaghetti strap tops, shoulder straps narrower than the three finger rule, lace trim undershirts showing (layered) under uniform top.
- Scarves, pashminas, ties, etc.
- Makeup is not encouraged but if worn by intermediate girls, must look natural.
- Jewelry should be in limited quantities and appropriate for elementary school students.
- Earrings should be no larger than the size of a nickel.
Wear your Uniform With Pride
Should you require any further information or clarification on St. Michael’s Catholic Academy uniform, please contact a Uniform Committee Council Member.
- Uniform Committee – Chair
- Uniform Committee – Members