Catholic School Council (CSC) Election: SML CSC Election Info & Nomination Form Final
Our first Annual General Meeting will be scheduled within the first 30 days of school start. At this meeting, an election for the 2017-2018 Catholic School Council will take place.
If you desire to serve on the CSC, please complete the nomination form below. Your involvement, time and efforts benefit all the children in our school.
CSC Meetings are open to all parents whose children attend St. Michael Catholic Academy. Thank you for all that you do to support Catholic education, for our students, staff and for the entire school community.
Our 2017-2018 Catholic School Council Annual General meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 26th, at 7:00 p.m. in the library. We will be electing our new Council at the meeting on the 26th. The Nomination Forms will be sent home this week and will be emailed to all families. Hard copies of the forms will also be available in the office.
The role of a Council Member is to:
- Be part of an advisory body of parents which will give the Principal input and advice on school matters
- Place the overall interests of the school and students first
- Attend and participate in Council Meetings
- Participate in information and training programs
- Act as a link between the School Council and the community
- Encourage the participation of all parents and individuals within the school community
The requirements of a Parent Representative on the Catholic School Council are:
- Parent Representatives MUST have a child enrolled in the school;
- Nominees MUST be present for the election on Tuesday, September 26th;
- Nominations WILL be accepted from the floor. Please refer to the Catholic School Council Constitution for further information located on our website under “Catholic School Council”
If you are interested in becoming a candidate for election, please complete the form and forward it to the school secretary by Friday September 22nd, 2017
Please join us Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 at 7pm for our Catholic School Council election. We will gather in the library on the second floor.